From Ant Keeping Wiki
- Nuptial Flight Time : Use: ant-mating-chart
- Colony Founding : Fully Claustral
- *gynous :
- Brood Boostable: Yes
- Hibernation : No
- Feeding Requirements :Seeds and insects
- Nanitics Appear After :
Kentucky blue grass seeds.
Crushed sun flower seeds
Gold flax seeds when mayors present.
- Difficulty : Easy
- Typical Colony Size : 50000
- Polymorphic : Extremely
- Ant Length : 2mm, to 9mm.
- Temperament : Agressive
- Suggested Feeding Schedule :
- Hazards : None
- Colony Growth Rate : Fast
- Egg To Worker : 1 month
- Circadian Activity :
- Recommended Temperature :88 to 90 degrees
- Recommended Humidity :70% humidity
- Heating Pad Required :
- Can Climb Smooth Surfaces :Yes
- When To Expand :
- When Do Soldiers and Reproductives Appear :
- Invasive/Pest : No
- Farmers :
- Native Location : antmaps.org
- Natural Habitat :
- Preferred Nesting Medium :
- Scientific Information: antwiki.org
- Important note. plastic and vinyl smells from tubes can kill the whole colony. I used vinyl tubing wash it. connected it to the nest. 24 hours later Ants started dying in mass. I disconnected the tubes. lost almost 50 more ants in 3 days after disconecting the tubes.
- I recommnd putting any n plastic, or vinyl in water for 3 days minimum. to take smell away.