Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note:This page is not considered complete. Please add more data to it.
- Nuptial Flight Time: June - July
- Founding Type: Fully-claustral
- *gynous: Monogynous, pleometroic
- Brood Boostable: Yes, very. Will accept brood boost even after workers arrive.
- Hibernation: Preferred, but not needed for first year.
- Feeding Requirements: Queens do not need food during the founding stage.
- Nanitics Appear After: 1 - 2 months
- Founding Stage Notes: Usually lay eggs within a few days of capture. Queens will often lay eggs even if infertile.
Every ant, even from same species may be temperamental to certain foods. Trial and error is best way to figure out she will eat. Compiled below is a list of likes and dislikes for this particular species.
- Fruit flies
- Sesame seeds
- Peanut butter
- Fish food
- Scrambled eggs
- Protein Jellies
- Difficulty: Easy
- Typical Colony Size : 10000
- Polymorphic: No
- Ant Length : Worker:3mm, Alates:5mm
- Temperament :
- Suggested Feeding Schedule :
- Hazards: Painful and numerous bites, may also sting.
- Colony Growth Rate: Fast
- Egg To Worker: 1 month
- Circadian Activity :
- Recommended Temperature :
- Recommended Humidity :20% - 40%
- Heating Pad Required: No, but preferred
- Can Climb Smooth Surfaces: Sometimes
- When To Expand: When there is little/no room left in the test tube/formicarium.
- When Do Soldiers and Reproductives Appear: No soldiers in this species.
- Invasive/Pest: Naturalized invader, not a pest.
- Farmers :
- Native Location :
- Natural Habitat: Pretty much anywhere
- Preferred Nesting Medium :
- Scientific Information: antwiki.org
- Great starter colony
- Low maintenance